My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Good Word...


A good prophetic word; not my own, yet I receive it as such. Lord, let me learn from Your beautiful creation the things You would teach me about You. Devastate me with Your love today; overwhelm me with who You are. Precious word...

Singing. Before dawn, I began to hear a lone bird singing. It was perched in its nest on the side of a building. Everything else was silent. Within a few minutes, the birds in the surrounding trees began to sing in great numbers. The Lord spoke these words: Be bold and declare my goodness and deliverance even if you have to do it alone. Others will follow. Testify of Me and exalt My name in all the earth. Declare your utmost dependence upon Me. Decree that I am your man of war. Watch how I will fight your battles for you. Stop whining; rather, speak faith and life. The Lord is My name. Singing.

Exodus 15:1-3 "Then Moses and the people of Israel sang this song to the LORD, saying, "I will sing to the LORD, for he has triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider he has thrown into the sea. The LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him. The LORD is a man of war; the LORD is his name."
Oh how I do love it when God speaks to us through His creation. I'm an early riser, so I have heard this very scenario every morning. One little bird begins to sing his morning wake-up song; then another and another and another, until birds are singing everywhere and the sound of it is so beautiful. Oh that the world would hear a song of love to our God each day. It's only then that they might come and sing to Him as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home