My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Tiny Treasures From Heaven...

Tiny treasures; yet growing up right before our eyes. Having children is wonderful, but the experience of grandchildren is amazing in a different way. To see my babies having babies and to know their little ones are part of me is too... well, too wonderful for words. Allie came ten years ago and we were all fascinated with this little beauty who entered into our lives. She is now closer to a teenager than the baby she once was and still as beautiful, in a more grownup way. Then came Jack with his loving and tender heart; his desire to help whenever he sees a need will be a blessing throughout his life to many I'm sure. Several years went by with tiny ones in between who were lost before we knew them. I could have never imagined the sadness I felt at not ever getting to hold and love on these grandchildren, and the pain of watching my children who were going through such a loss to the depths of their souls was almost more than my heart could bear. We all survived with God's grace and loving-kindness all around; and then before we knew it, the good news came that we would have two more. Skyler and Cooper were born nine days apart and are two years old at the time of this writing. Sky is a bubbly active little girl full of words and innocent perceptions of life around her. Cooper is funny and tender hearted like his big brother. How could a little boy be so serious and so hilarious all in one moment? He has his own language at this point, but his mommy is a great interpreter; understanding him better than anyone else. Mommies are like that. Claire came along a year ago and we are about to share in her celebration tomorrow. Such a happy delightful little girl who, up until now anyway, has never seen the need to sleep much at all. Her mommy and daddy are very tired, but Claire Bear hasn't missed a thing in nearly 12 months, so of course, she is very very smart. Our newest addition; Mr. Asher Case came along 4 months after Claire and he is an absolute delight. No two ways about it. Always smiling with his winning grin that is quickly filling up with teeth month by month. Such a happy joyful baby boy. So my grandchildren have become one of the best things life has to offer, and my commitment to share in investing the love of Jesus; His ways and principles into their lives has become a priority as I live my life before them. Yes; they have ushered in a new season and I love them more than words could ever tell. As I was thinking about their names today and praying over each one; I jotted down some adjectives that I thought just fit. Amazing Allie who first named me her Gibbie; Joyous Jack who can make everyone smile with his hugs and tender heart. Then there is Scrappy Skyler... although I must admit I gave her the word Sparkly as well. Her eyes are so full of life and excitement at whatever she discovers next. Comical Cooper who truly does have a way of making all of us laugh with his funny ways and expressions. Cutie Claire is a bundle of energy as she toddles from here to there; running as fast as she can to see and explore whatever is in her path; realizing there is more to get into than she could have ever imagined. Adorable Asher is a cuddler; inquisitive and loving. All six have special and wonderful personalities and we are blessed as a family to have each one. These children God has blessed us with are a part of who we are and to think there are most likely more little ones to come. Oh the joy of it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I love this entry! How sweet to have grandmotherly recollections of each grandchild!

July 27, 2007 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

This is a great entry! Thank you for loving all of our kiddos so much. It is fun to hear their descriptions from a Gibbie's point of view.

July 27, 2007 at 10:38 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I love it too! =) I was actually thinking of writing a "blurb" about all of them tonight too. I just love 'em all so darn much!

July 28, 2007 at 9:33 PM  
Blogger Mama Jeannie said...

All of you girls are so great... daughters and mommies. I love you so much! Mama

July 30, 2007 at 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home