My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Beginning.... Again

"Fresh" revelation is or can be, in part, the revealing of something you thought you already knew, only to find there is something deeper and more meaningful or more powerful than you had thought.... I think. Getting it... that God loves me is amazing in light of who He is and who I'm not. Knowing Him makes me feel safe and protected regardless of my circumstances.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After a somewhat successful week last week where moving, dwindling in size, and staying in His presence are concerned, I jotted down a few things I felt God was speaking to me. Notice I didn't say 'perfectly' successful, but it's a start.

[I am accepted. God has called me to Himself and I gladly run to Him... out of darkness into His marvelous Light. "For the sake of Your great name, You will not reject Your people. You have been pleased to make me Your own."] (referring to I Samuel 12:22)

~
Sat. 1/23... Joy unspeakable as I work around the house today; all the while knowing I belong to the most high God. I walked 2 miles with Darrell in the ever increasing and getting colder wind. So much easier and enjoyable than the first day we walked last week. The scales tell me I am 149 lbs. and only last week I weighed in at 153. Woo-hooo!! Can that be true? Can simply walking a couple miles a day and eating better and less really make a difference? Evidently the answer is a cautiously excited "YES!" Be still my heart; stay humble and beware of putting your trust in the scales and/or your own efforts I say.
~
Here it is Wednesday, January 27th and I'm doing OK. We have walked a couple miles a day, but I'm feeling like we need to do more. Our refrigerator is broken and won't be fixed until the end of the week so buying groceries is on hold. My plan: decide on meals for the week ahead, look at recipes and buy groceries accordingly. I'll let you know how I do on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home