My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

This Earth Journey... A Long Dusty Road...

Walking this earth journey as a follower of Jesus is interesting. Interesting in the way things seem to unfold... at least for me anyway, and since there's nothing new under the sun, I suppose this is the way it goes for others as well. I see this journey as a dusty road; maybe because the earth is made out of dirt, or maybe because a journey implies a path and a road or river is poetic in some way. Who knows? Anyway, a dusty road set in the mountains let's say. I love the mountains, but this road could also be in a desert. That could be a good object lesson I suppose, couldn't it? Well, my road through life is made out of dirt, not sand, and pictured in the mountains in my mind. It is sometimes smooth and straight, but not for long and not often. Rather, it gets very narrow with steep cliffs where the rocks begin to tumble and if we're not careful we could go for a spill beyond repair into the abyss of destruction. This road sometimes climbs so quickly the air seems thin, I can hardly breathe, and my legs feel like rubber; barely able to stand. The weather can change in an instant as I travel where God would lead; from sunshine and beautiful breezes with wild flowers brilliantly displaying their beauty, to dark and ominous black clouds, lightning, and rain so fast and heavy I can't see where to walk. I slip and slide and grasp onto whatever my hands are able to reach. Life is treacherous... unless we stay in our little comfort zones where nothing can touch us; where dull and uneventful walls hold us from the adventure of it all; but who wants to stay in that kind of prison? Fear can hold us there... or laziness. We can live to be one hundred and never experience all that God had in mind for us to enjoy or learn of Him, or we have the choice to venture out onto this sometimes surprisingly dangerous road where potential heartache and challenges beyond our ability to navigate lay in wait, but praise be to God, He is there; He has already gone before us and is lovingly waiting to hold us in the safety of His arms. He is faithful to walk along those steep cliffs so we won't fall; ready to be a Light in the darkness of the storms that come along. He carries us if we get too weary to walk and will reveal His beauty and glory at every mountain top. This life journey with the creator of all that is; what a wonderful road to take with Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home