My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Changes....

I read something the other day that made me smile. I loved the feeling of peace it gave me when so many things in life seem to change faster than I can think or take it in. When my mind is racing and I don't see a way to be and do for everyone who God has brought into my life; when I want to stand on something high above my world and shout "Stop! Hold on just one darn minute!", then sure enough, God surprises me with one little phrase that brings me back to center on Him and I find rest. I am changing as I get older and the people and the world around me are too. It's interesting how on some level I don't want change, but on another I find change quite intriguing and adventurous. Yes, I read something the other day that said so profoundly in light of the life I've been given... "If nothing ever changed, there wouldn't be butterflies."

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

That's a neat quote. And once again... such beautiful photography. ;)

September 12, 2008 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

that is a good way to look at life. you may as well accept change because it is going to happen whether you like it or not. I am glad you figured out how to get into your blog again.

September 12, 2008 at 10:06 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I love that.

September 12, 2008 at 1:36 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

That is very sweet. It's just what I needed right now. Ainsley, indeed, will be our little butterfly. =) Thanks for sharing!

September 18, 2008 at 3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home