My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Sprngtime and Family... Unpredictably Predictable

This love I have for my children and grandchildren overwhelms me over and over again. I am humbled and beyond blessed to have weekends where getting together all at the same time really does come to pass. I know there are families all over the world who don't have that privilege because of distance or relationships or schedules, so I do not take this fun-filled-kick-your-feet-up-and-stay-awhile weekend for granted. Everyone... Poppie and this Gibbie, mommies, daddies, kids and babies were all tired by late Sunday afternoon, but it is a good tired, and a tired that is worth every second of energy and whatever work went into making it all happen. I still get a lump in my throat watching each family drive away as we all wave until they are out of sight. My sweetheart and I walk back into the house with a sigh as we look at the emptiness; the leftovers, the toys here and there, and all those familiar happy faces in frames, quietly sitting on tables and shelves. ... He heads outside to watch his pigeons, analyzing which ones will be the best fly-ers; I follow to survey the flowers blooming and to fill up the bubbling fountain where "Butch", the hummingbird will surely come again to take his early morning bath. As I lean against the pretty trellis fence and watch yet one more sunset I think, "Some things are simply predictable... hummingbirds, sunsets, and the love of family" and I am covered in peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

It was a great weekend, one of the best family get togethers in awhile.

April 29, 2008 at 8:11 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I thought so too!

May 1, 2008 at 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home