My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Anwers to Your Questions...

1) I have many books that I have enjoyed and are reading some that I might say I love. However, I think my favorites are still, after all these years, Girl of The Limberlost, Freckles, and Freckles Comes Home. All of these novels are connected in time, characters, and era. Stories of perseverance in difficult situations and the rise from impossibility to meaningful and rewarding lives that touch others. I LOVE that!

A favorite movie.... well, I still like "You've Got Mail", but I don't know that over the long haul it would be my fav of the favorites. I still think "Gone With The Wind" is amazing in how it draws its viewers back in time. I remember years ago scheduling around the made-for-TV-movie sequels called "Roots" and I'd watch it again if I could make time for it. I like movies that are important, that have a true message of mercy and compassion, perseverance until lives are changed for the better. I also love to laugh, so movies that bring out fun and chuckles are refreshing as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2) My favorite quality about my husband is faithfulness and peace. He has a compassionate heart and a generous spirit and I pray God would cover him with blessing because of his willingness to walk in those things. I love how he loves kids... even those who others may give up on. He may eventually give up too, but not without a fight for their well-being and exhausting every avenue of trying to invest Godly character into their lives first.

Coby- confident and a hard worker; finds ways to creatively invest time and energy in loving his family, Adrielle and Skyler. A good cook and loves to keep his yard immaculate and beautiful. Gives the best hugs this mama could ever hope for. I always feel welcome no matter what is going on in his day. I am encouraged and affirmed as a mom by my sweet son.

Amy- tender hearted and a good writer (woman after my own heart in that way); faithful and loving to Corey and her children. Creative in finding ways to honor, encourage, and document the growth and success of her family... physically and spiritually. Hands on in raising and nurturing and being involved with what her kids are doing in school, church, sports, and other activities. Her faith and her family are top priorities. Transparent as she invests what God is teaching her into others lives; brings hope and light in the darkness.

Sara- funny and forever finding what is best in every person. Walks in the gifts God has given her in mercy and hospitality. Passionate about caring for and loving Beau and Asher. Cherishes her friendships and doesn't mind driving a million miles to keep relationships intact. A true princess who oversees her home (her kingdom) well; a servant leader.

Emily - Strong in character and conviction in her own time and not because of what others think or expect. Very funny person and makes her home a welcoming place for whoever wants to visit or needs a place to stay. She loves her friends and their children. Diligent in loving her husband and Claire-bear. Speaks truth unashamedly; bold and courageous.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3) I don't have alot of really close friends who like to hang out. However, when we do get together we usually eat lunch with a good chat in tow. I'm thankful for email; such a great way to stay in touch inexpensively and almost daily with friends who may or may not live far away. I have girlfriends who are quick to pray for me or call to ask me to stand in agreement with them in crisis situations concerning things that come up in life; whether it be for their children, health, or LG issues. We love to share funny stories and occasionally... very occasionally... enjoy tea or coffee at one of our homes, just relaxing and talking about the wonderful blessings of God and His creation. A shopper I am not... as expressed in an earlier entry.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

So I was too late on the question thing. I would have asked...

*What is your favorite childhood memory?

*Where is the next place you want to go overseas?

*What brings you the most joy?

* What are your favorite kind of presents to recieve?

April 16, 2008 at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home