My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Ponderings on Valentine's Day and Adversity...

Happy Valentine's Day! A wonderful day when the world celebrates love. Not just sweetheart love, although having a sweetheart to celebrate with is so.... well.... so sweet. :0) But here we all are with another day. What a belssing I think, to have it; a day with joys, sorrows, frustrations, surprises, sadness, laughter and sometimes tears... and choices to make which will either bring life or destruction. I've decided to choose love and in doing that I am choosing life. I think that's better no matter what, don't you? Circumstances may be hard because of the stuff life is sure to throw at us, but to choose love in the midst of it is what will surely and most certainly hold us together; mentally, emotionally, relationally, and spiritually. I read a prophetic word today that hit the spot and since there is nothing new under the sun, I'm sure it will hit your spot as well; if not today then in the near future. I've been downhearted over a couple... or maybe three things most recently and I think through every single one God was using them to grow me into more of His likeness. I don't always learn easily, but I think I may be getting the hang of it the older I get. Eternity will tell, won't it? Anyway, regarding adversity, I hope this blesses you as it did me.
February 14, 2008. The Lord would lovingly say to us, "I know the difficulties you face. It is a part of everyday living. When you follow Me there will always be hard times. Do I cause them? Absolutely not. Do I allow them? Yes. When I gave My children the Promise Land enemies were in the land to teach how to overcome. They became strong and so do you depending on Me and each other. John 15:5 "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home