My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Stepping Out On The Water...

Well, I've done it now. What a year this is going to be!! 2008 is already filling up with new adventures and wild rides; I can already tell. My first mission trip... to SPAIN!!! in March, and I've written a BOOK, a children's book! Some of my kids/grandkids have read and heard this little tale of going to Nappy's House; a story told over and over again when my children were little ones and now it is written, I have a wonderful friend who has agreed to be my illustrator, and we are beaming with thoughts of possibilities and visions of children being peacefully lulled to sleep with this wonderful story. Today, I went to a Christian bookstore and looked through several children's books and jotted down some publishers and their addresses. When I got back to work, I wrote letters regarding my vision for this particular book about four children who journey down a long dusty road to Nappy's house... "deep within the forest down a path among the trees." I told said publishers that if they find what I've written to them interesting and want to know more, I will let them read my story. I hope one of them will be curious enough to get in touch with me, but it is in God's hands, isn't it? Well, just wanted you bloggy-types to get a glimpse into my heart for today. It's a happy one.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

That's very exciting! I mean...I knew all of that except the part about you contacting publishers. So YEA! I know that whatever is supposed to happen will! And I know that you'll LOVE your trip to Spain! Love ya!

January 29, 2008 at 10:53 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Fun stuff!

January 30, 2008 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger Ila Brook said...

How exciting! Jerod LOVES Spain. I am so proud of you for taking such a HUGE step with your writing. Keep me posted, I want to buy one of those books!! :-) *hugs*

January 31, 2008 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

YEAH!!! I am so happy for you. I really hope that this book will be published. I already have a few orders for you.

January 31, 2008 at 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home