My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Raindrops on Roses and Whisker on Kittens....

My youngest has inspired me to jot down a few of my favorite things; things that make me happy. A new addition to my thankful list with some overlapping I'm sure. Then I read my other two daughters' blogs and they had joined in on this happy project to my delight. So fun to read all the silly, funny, and touching things in life that make my kids smile. Here are a few of my own grin-motivators that come to mind....
1. Home; just being there.
2. Blazing fire in the fireplace
3. A cup of hot orange-spiced tea
4. A book that I'm so into that I can't put it down
5. Old movies
6. Laying on the sofa snuggled up to my sweetheart
7. Holding his hand
8. His hugs
9. Hearing funny stories about my grandkids.
10.Knowing my kids still love me after all these years.
11.Pedicures w/ a massage chair to relax in
12.Massages with that peaceful and oh-so-relaxing cocoon-like atmosphere; music w/sounds of nature, soft lights, warm blankets
13.The whole mountain experience; the majesty of seeing them; the smell of wildflowers and pine trees; the cool breeze; the sound of the river; the clarity of the water; peace in the quiet of the wilderness.
14.Browsing through pretty shops with antiques and home decor ideas
15.Barnes and Noble; I can go in there just for the smell of coffee and the feeling that I might actually learn something among all those books.
16.Our celebration services on Sunday mornings; worship and loving Jesus with other believers.
17.Sitting on our back porch in the porch swing.
18.Sitting on the tailgate of Darrell's truck watching the day disappear with a beautiful sunset.
19.Summer nights when the fireflies appear.
20.Fall when the weather really does actually cool off and leaves begin to change.
21.Making snow angels and going for a night walk in the snow; seeing it sparkle under a street light and listening to the quiet that inevitably comes after a big snow storm.
22.Dreaming of what God might do next in my life; thinking about how amazing and wonderful He is.
23.Looking at the stars on a summer night in the country.
24.Laughing until I hurt... like when Sara was sitting beside Em's bathtub watching their little ones splash and play. I brought her a cup of coffee and she took a quick mouthful and immediately spit it out on the floor. Shocking!!! It was too hot and she didn't know what else to do with it. Thought I'd wet my pants I laughed so hard. Hilarious! Guess you would have had to have been there.
25.Knowing that I've written a story or a poem that God Himself has placed in my heart.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I'd never heard the Sara spitting coffee on the bathroom floor story... hilarious!

January 22, 2008 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

It was HOT!!! And you're an over-achiever! 25 things?! Just kidding. I loved the list. But also...I just listed 10 things that are currently making me happy in my life. It wouldn't have been so hard if I would've listed things like MOUNTAINS! I love those too! =)

January 22, 2008 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

HA! I was just about to write exactly what Sara did. Great minds think alike I guess ;) I am glad the coffee was spit on the floor and not on the poor babies in the bathtub.

January 23, 2008 at 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home