My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Revisiting Good Toughts of Honor and Love...

As I read over the things I've written; comments, and my comments to your comments; I ran across this. It is my heart and I wanted to share it as a new entry to encourage all of you precious mother/daughters, mother/friends, and even all my sons. I've learned the importance of being transparent through the lives of my children most of all, and thuogh sometimes painful, this principle has brought so much freedom. We are not perfect people, nor will we ever be. We are a work in progress, and that is a good and Godly thing. If we don't see and face up to our weaknesses and imperfections, how will we ever change? As I am honest with myself and those who are dear to me; I am encouraged and affirmed, as well as sometimes corrected and challenged. You are all precious and I love and value each one of you so very much.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
... It's a challenge to be a mom, isn't it, but so very rewarding. Every child is worth it all. I have four amazing kids who married some of the most wonderful people in the world. We now have 6 grandchildren and one more on the way (who has a very strong heartbeat I've heard) and I'm sure there will be more little ones to come. Mothering, even in this season of life, continues to be a challenge because I want to do it so well; and of course, I have not mastered my position perfectly; nor will I ever I've realized. However, I am finding there are even more rewards as life bumps along at break-neck speed. Where does the time go?!! Let's just say, 'bumpy' and 'speed' make for a wild ride, but I wouldn't trade the world for one mile of it. I obviously get weary and grumpy at times, but don't we all? Let me just say a word of encouragement to whomever may read this ... because in this "bloggy" world, we can say what we want, can't we? Be encouraged to always look at what you do in life in Light of Truth; whether it be mothering, being a Godly wife, husband, father, friend, co-worker, etc. Always keep centered in the love of God through His Son, Jesus, and even the challenging and overwhelming circumstances of life will come into perspective. Our responses will be loving and right when we passionately follow after His ways and purposes. I miss the mark when I lose sight of Him and life is good and right when He is my top priority. "His love is what holds everything else together." I am in awe of God's redeeming love over and over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home