My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Friday, October 12, 2007

It'll Knock Your Socks Off!

I am involved in the most exciting Bible study I have ever done thus far in my walk with Jesus... bar none! I'm not kidding! Beth Moore is an incredible Bible teacher and has insight that could only be divinely imparted. She is so relatable, funny, and has a way of teaching that hits the spot every time. Last night we learned about Daniel chapter 8, which has always been "Greek to me", but I am beginning to understand; it is somewhat like a light fading on instead of off; getting brighter and more clear as each week passes by. Amazing... especially if you know what kind of student I normally have been since about the 4th grade. Known for having the attention span of a 5 year old... as an adult; disjointed thought patterns that I'm sure make my brain look much like a crazy quilt; brightly colored with no apparent order. Needless to say; I am pumped not only by what I am hearing, but by the fact that I am actually retaining the information being poured into my head at a new and surprising level. I am seeing God's Spirit get through to my heart in a fresh way. This is phenomenal! A room full of women are learning and understanding beyond anything I've ever experienced regarding the subject of eschatology (the study of end time events) and living with integrity in a Babylonian culture.... long story. Our discussion last night went smoothly and it seemed easy for everyone to open up and share their hearts. I LOVE this study! Last night's video session was no less than amazing; almost overwhelming with all the information that was jam-packed into my little brain. I think it was kinda like gulping down a bucket of water as fast as possible; gasping for breath in between every few swallows. However, everything came together in the end and the realization that Daniel 8 is historical and we; you and I, are now in the "church age" that began with Acts chapter 2. We're on! It's our time, our era. We are the dot on the timeline right NOW... what are we going to do with that? A sobering question. Beth Moore challenged us to "live with purpose", not in mediocrity and apathy concerning the signs of the times; not to get caught up in the hum-drum of daily stuff, so much so that we miss out on this wild and glorious ride with Him; but rather run with the Most High God wherever He is going. We are seeing through our study that everything that was prophecy to Daniel in chapter 8; is history to us to the tiniest detail... now it's our turn; front and center with the King of Kings and Lord of Lords! What are we going to do about it? That question has rolled over and over in my mind as I was driving home last night and on waking up this morning. God knows our hearts and our desire to please Him. He will lead us by His Spirit and give us grace to be and do what He has planned for us, won't He? I am more excited about the future than I've ever been; I love God's Word more than I ever have. Our goal is to understand and love God more deeply and I see that happening in every single woman who is consistently coming to Bible study week after week. Understanding the battle we are in and where our adversary, the devil, is attacking us individually in order to wear us down, is actually giving us better insight into how the Lord is fighting the battle of our lives as we allow Him to do it; resulting in the total destruction of the plans of the enemy. In Daniel 7, it talks about the "little horn" with a big boastful and arrogant mouth. Daniel was in awe of the audacity of this creature; that he would speak with such boldness in the very presence of the Most High God. Of course, the end of this lying and deceitful one is inevitable. He will be smashed to powder with the very breath of God and the splendor of His coming. Because of the rebellion and evil oppression this slime-ball has brought against the people of God, the end of him will be sure and certain; no doubt about it. Though life is many times very hard and circumstances become overwhelming (we learned the word 'oppress' literally means 'to wear away' or 'wear out' as one would wear out a garment); knowing that this oppressive behavior is a strategic move of the enemy of our souls; somehow this helps me to have faith in God to deliver, strengthen, and make way for victory. Did I tell you I LOVE this study? So freeing! I honestly do not know why this is called a "women's" study. I know for a fact that my son and sons-in-law would devour what I am learning. I have some real history buffs in my family and they would eat this up like biscuits and gravy on a camp-out. I've never thought about loving history, but I find myself utterly intrigued with how God has orchestrated His divine will throughout the ages. He knows how to tell time and time is in His hands. He's not surprised by anything and knows the beginning from the end like the back of His hand. He knows what kingdoms will rise up and when they will fall. He's the boss of it all and I find great comfort in knowing that fact. Well, how's that for an overview of a Beth Moore study over the book of Daniel thus far... in a nutshell of course? I am just so excited about learning and feel that my heart and brain might just explode at given moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home