My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I'm Tagged...

I am tagged, but I have no one else to tag since the only ones I am 'blog-attached' to are my girls and my niece, Brook. They have already tagged themselves and it's been fun to read the 8 random facts/habits about each one who has written. I already knew some of them... since they are my girls, but it was fun to see what they think about themselves and what is memorable to them.
The Rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their 8 things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
My 8 Things:
1. Though I've always been a Texan, I was born in Oklahoma... and now have a daughter and her family living in Oklahoma... as of TODAY!
2. I have a strong desire to become a writer. Well, daylight's burnin'. I'm 57 years old for Pete's sake!
3. I was 1st runner-up in a beauty contest when I was 19.
4. I was accepted for an audition into a musical group that traveled all over the United States, but couldn't try out because my parents thought I needed to work that summer. I was crushed and am still sad when I think of it.
5. One of my favorite things to do as a child was to pretend I was a mermaid when I went swimming.
6. I have a secret desire (well, I guess not anymore) to sing with our praise band at church, all members of whom are in their 20's or early 30's. Well, I still feel that young in my mind.
7. God has given me a dream of having a beautiful place of refreshing and rest for those who need a day or a weekend to get alone with God; a pretty storybook cottage on our property with a lovely garden all around it. A place my parents might enjoy as well when they come for visits; and for me, as a get-away for my writing on days we did not have guests.
8. I would like to get physically fit once more before I am old; would love to travel the US and beyond; experience new places, cultures, and people from other nations; see all four seasons in the Northeastern states of America. (I know, that's kinda like 10 things instead of 8, isn't it?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home