My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Random Thougts...

OK, so here I am writing into the airwaves once more. Who knows what I will say, because I have no plan to speak of. I love to read the blogs I visit, so thought I'd send something out that might, hopefully, be a blessing or cause a smile perhaps. What thoughts roll around in my head; mostly about God; how He is moving, how much I love Him. I think about how He is orchestrating my life together with my husband; the lives of my children and where He is leading. I think about how the world has gone crazy with outlandish going's on that are so far away from anything that would remotely honor God. Lord Jesus! What is this world coming too?... an end I believe, but not without God's constant reminders of how good He is; how faithful He is to carry us through the storms of life. The way of the world and the dark pit some unknowingly spiral down into can be overwhelming as I think and observe from a distance; feeling helpless to help or do anything about it. So much to pray about. Lord help me to hear Your voice that I might pray effectively. But even in the travail and pain of intercession, God brings a refreshing in the beauty of His creation. He gives me hope when I consider the gift He's given in my loving and generous husband, amazing children; my family and friends with whom God has blessed my life in so many ways. He has given me His Word that He exalts above all His name; words of Truth that show me the way to go; what to do and how to stand in faith when the world says it can't be done. There are moments when I feel that life has somehow passed me by; that perhaps I have not accomplished nearly a fraction of what God intended... yet how much life I have enjoyed and there are still years to come I'm sure. Lord, help me to make the most of the time You've given; help my life to somehow make a difference for Your glory. You say, "nothing is impossible through Christ", so let it be so as You look down on this imperfect life. In my own strength I am not much, but with You living on the inside of me Lord, I can do all things. I know the "whoever's" who are reading this didn't think they would get in on my prayer time. I didn't intend for it to be so either. Yet here I am and my thoughts turn toward Him; run after and thirst for Him as a deer pants for water; crying out to God for help, for joy, for purpose... and He is there with so much more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adrielle said...

Jeannie, I love to see your heart open before the Father. I know he honors those prayers--every one of them. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your prayers, and thanks for making me and my family a part of them. I love you!

August 28, 2007 at 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home