My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Friday, August 10, 2007

My Kids...

My kids make my heart happy. Corey will laugh at that if he happens to read this, but it's true; totally and forever true! My kids make my heart happy. I was just sitting here at my computer and I have a photo of all eight of them on my desktop and they are beautiful! All together or each one individually as I look at their joyful faces; they make me smile. No two ways about it. I love that they are mine; I love that they are a blessing to others, that they are great parents and friends, and that they love each other. I love that they honor their father and that they love me too. I love hearing them laugh when we're all together and to hear their hearts when they have something important to say; something they are passionate about and believe is right and good. I may not have been the best mother in the world, though I wanted to be, but my kids turned out great! They are amazing adults and I can only give God glory for the outcome. When I look at my kids, I am brought... in the spirit, to my knees in worship; with a thankful heart that such wonderful gifts have been given to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adrielle said...

Thank you for loving me as your own. I treasure your friendship, Jeannie, and I ALWAYS feel loved by you...no matter what. That's an amazing blessing!

August 13, 2007 at 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home