My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Weeds and Water...

I was up and at 'em bright and early this morning around 5:30. I HAD to get some watering done. Our yard/gardens are absolutely burning up. Our trees have grown so much in the last couple years that there is lots of shade; hence lots of dirt and not much grass. Our yard is a royal mess let me tell you. I am seriously considering getting advice and help from a professional landscape guy just to see if maybe his crew can come clear out all the weeds, grass, etc. from our flowerbeds and prepare good soil in those places so I can actually get in there to plant something pretty. I would love to put some shade-loving grass in our yard as well, but we'll just have to do a price check on that. We might sow some rye grass for fall and winter and do something else in the spring. Might be more cost effective that way. All I know is, I don't think I have the energy or the time for my big flower gardens since we've allowed them to get so overgrown. I think once we get them cleared and planted I can keep up with them. Just need a little help. I'm sure there is a spiritual object lesson somewhere in all this. Hmmmmm... how 'bout this? ... Visualize a life that becomes cluttered with who knows what; confusion about what is important and what needs to be discarded; help from others in the Body of Christ who are strong in Godly wisdom regarding prioritizing and seeing God's heart. Those who are stronger come alongside to help guide and speak Truth into a person's life who is needing help. Lord knows we all need folks like that who will gird us up; help us and pray for us when we are weak and lose our way, don't we? I get so excited about my little plot of land out on FM 1860 when I see how God can use it, even when it's in disarray, to teach His ways and principles. His very own creation becoming a way to invest His love, compassion, and beauty into the lives of people. I just love that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home