My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Your Thoughts are Mine.... All Over Again

Well girls, I have caught up on all your blogs and I must say I have been blessed, challenged, and have laughed out loud at times. All of you are priceless as you mommy your way through life in this season. I love it! My heart aches with you in your challenges, and cheers you on as you successfully love and make a home for your husbands and children. Whether it's the exasperation of teaching your boys to pee in the potty or trying to set up a new home in a strange new place; noticing how your third baby's head has grown and changed marking the passing of time, or spending part of an afternoon making funny faces with your baby girl. All your thoughts are important and life-giving to others. Stories of tender moments with your big girl while laying in the grass; talking about life and dreams to come. A life journey back to where love began or one in which you found your way back to where God had planned for you all along. Wondering how in the world to keep all the tiny carpet pieces picked up so your baby boy won't choke or saving your little girls' life from a big spider dangling from the ceiling in your car. I love experiencing with your babies the discovery of turtles, snakes, riding tractors or eating yogurt with a new spoon. Finger-painting, first haircut, and sleeping with a baseball bat. Bunny slippers, the Wiggles, speaking Spanish, and as the dawning of day; to finally realize that Barney is, in fact, a dinosaur. I love gaining knowledge regarding eating healthy and well; adding foods that have been in God's green earth all the time, that I am just now finding out about. I am loving life with you and remembering where I've been... only a little while ago? I too have loved as deeply and cried out at the unfairness and tragedy of life at times. I have rejoiced at finding my way and struggled with my inadequacies and failures. I know you; not because you are my girls or because you are a kindred spirit; but because I have lived a life full of experiences not unlike the ones you are living right now; experiences that are forever etched in my mind and treasured in my heart. Keep writing my precious girls. You are a blessing to so many.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ila Brook said...

I love you, Aunt Jeannie.
B.

September 28, 2007 at 4:57 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Tag. You're it again.... if you want to play. :)

October 1, 2007 at 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home