My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Critter Alarm!!...

There is definitely fall in the air. The leaves are beginning to turn and pumpkins grace every porch and stoop as far as I can tell. The pansies and chrysanthemums are blooming and the birds are feasting on berries fit for a king. Speaking of those flying creatures; when we consider the birds of the air and the flowers of the field; how God Himself feeds and clothes them all; why should we worry or be anxious for anything? His care is perfect in every way. Oh my goodness! How can we be this blessed and not utterly explode with gratitude and joy?

Life is truckin' right along; jam-packed as ever. Just this morning when I thought about my calendar I said again, "Lord help us know how to simplify our lives for Pete's sake!!" My husband's last district game is tomorrow evening in Bryan, plus our annual Women's Conference at our church all day Sat for me. Then we start getting ready for playoff games (hopefully); and Thanksgiving for a mob of kids and grandkids. Oh how I do love fall! There will be groceries to buy, fire ants to kill and leaves to mulch believe you me. I noticed this morning while I was out watering in the front yard before work; huge fire ant hills with villages and cities of ant communities. Mice are beginning to come into our house like Gus-Gus and the gang. I could make little shirts and hats for them with the hope that they might help clean house and do laundry, but we've opted to set traps instead. Caught two just this morning. Cinderella would be appalled! Not to mention the snake Darrell spotted the other day while he was brushing his teeth. It was relaxing against the cool porcelain of the pot right beside his feet. Good grief!! It's a zoo at our house. He picked it up by it's head, went outside in his whitey-tighties and pitched it over the fence into the field. Believe me when I say, I carefully peek around every wall in either bathroom every time I go in there. Do I really think snakes are confined to bathrooms? I guess that mindset is somehow comforting... or not. It was just a little chicken snake he said... but WHO CARES?!!! Snakes do NOT belong in our house! That is just NOT OK!!! Oh happy fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home