My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Regarding my Two Heavenly Grandchildren...

I wrote this as a comment for Amy on her blog, but didn't know when you might check your comments again since it's been a few days since your entry concerning your memory boxes for your babies who have gone to heaven early. I so much wanted you to be encouraged by what I felt God was showing me concerning you and them. It was so beautiful, though once again, I wonder if words can adequately describe such glorious happenings. I love you Amy.
~~~~~~~~~
It's taken me a few days to know what to say Amy. I think of your two heavenly babies so often. I think about how old they'd be in this time frame; I wonder what they look like and do they somehow know from where they live that they are loved so much here on earth as well? I mostly think happy thoughts about those two. I think they are probably good buddies and that they are having so much fun playing and growing in the Lord. No cares, no worldly struggles, never a tear or a sad moment for eternity already. I'm sure they know Grandpa Andrick, Granny and Pap, and Corey's dad. I'm sure of it! I miss them too, but hasn't God been so gracious to give all of us a very real glimpse of the reality of heaven because your babies were here and have gone on to be with Him? Our temptation... or I should say... MY temptation is to get so attached to earthly possessions and experiences at times. I think the lives of your little ones who we have yet to meet, have brought my perspective into balance. I can more easily say, "Come quickly Lord Jesus!" and not grieve for more time in this realm. I think that is something that certainly changes with age as well. I'm thankful that we do not grieve as those who have no hope. (I Thess. 4:13-18) Here is a picture of what I think God has shown me for you today sweet girl; a vision of a moment that is still to come; I see you on that day of the trumpet of God when we are all taken up together; certainly we rejoice and are in awe of the face of Jesus; certainly that would be enough to last all eternity long, but He takes pleasure in seeing you meet your babies face to face as well. I see you... and Corey too; clothed in white with a heavenly glow on your faces; you're running through the happy crowd with an expectation that is more certain than anything you've ever known and then you see them! They see you and know you; they run with laughter and smiles right into your arms. Oh sweet reunion!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Thanks Mom. That will be a great moment when I get to see my little ones. I am glad that you think of them. I think of them every day, and it is nice to know that others do to.

October 19, 2007 at 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home