My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Thursday, November 8, 2007

This Book of Daniel Rocks!!!...

The last week of the afore mentioned 12 week Bible study is tonight. It has been AWESOME to say the least. Did you hear me say not too long ago; that it's been a real nail-biter; sit-on-the-edge-of-your-chair event for me and the other women who've come consistently over the last three months? In fact, it's so good that Darrell and I plan to offer it, starting in February, to couples so the guys can get in on all this earth shaking revelation as well. We start out each week with discussing what we learned in the previous session and go over the material in our workbooks; then for an electrifying hour we sit and hear the next video session led by Beth Moore; an incredible teacher of the Word let me tell you. I had heard of her, but had never been involved in one of her studies. I love that her top priority is making Jesus famous throughout the earth. This particular study; over the book of Daniel, has tremendous insight... the first 6 weeks focusing on living with integrity in a Babylonian culture (so relatable) and the last six weeks over end time events; it covers the prophecies given to Daniel that are now history to us and also events still to come. The books of Daniel and Revelation, and a few others I have to admit; were usually Greek to me with all the symbolism, angels, kings and kingdoms; who struck down who, fighting goin' on in the heavenly realm, etc. etc. Lord have mercy! We do have a drama King, don't we? Anyway, though I still have much to learn, I am certainly understanding better than I ever have, God's purpose and plan for the nations of the earth and specifically for Israel, as time [calendar years, months, and weeks] closes down. Praise God we know who holds us in the palm of His hand!! I'd be paralyzed with fear if I weren't so excited about running with the King of Kings and Lord of Lords; the creator of all that is for Pete's sake. He is the Alpha and Omega; the beginning and the end... and I BELONG TO HIM! You do too if you know His Son. If God be for us, who in the heavenlies or on earth can be against us? Having that cemented in our brains could cause us to... as they say, raid hell with a water pistol, don't you think? We are more than conquerors through Jesus. No doubt about it. Can you tell I'm excited? Well, you're right. Call me crazy, but I'm having the time of my life walking with and living life wildly passionate for my Lord and Savior let me tell you. No greater place to be than in His presence; and you can take that to the bank. I know... I've written about this study before after one of the sessions when I was so excited I thought I might quite possibly shoot off into space like a sky rocket. Now, I can hardly wait until Feb. to get to facilitate this study in our home. Wish you could all be there! Well, I have to believe that if God is, in fact, leading us to offer this study; folks will come, they will be stirred to the max; 'til their glasses fly off and their hair stands on end with a passion to follow Jesus like never before. Oh that more of the world would be changed for His glory because of this treasure hunt; digging more deeply into His Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home