My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

A New Sweet Potato Recipe???

I actually don't have a recipe. I'm not even a good cook, but every now and then I do something surprising and find that someone actually liked what I created. Amazing! Last night we hosted our Lifegroup to a Thanksgiving Dinner, of sorts, and my sweet potato casserole was a hit. I don't even have a recipe but someone asked for it. Isn't that something? Anyway, thought I'd share how this dainty dish transpired.
Peel and boil as many medium sized sweet potatoes as you'll need to feed as many folks as will eat them; cook until tender and drain. Plop some butter in there and mash it all up with an old-timey potato masher; sprinkle in some red hots and stir. Slap mixture in a casserole dish; toss some marshmallows on top and stick 'em in the oven on broil. As for me, I left the kitchen to light a few candles; fluff some sofa pillows, and start some soft relaxing music for the evening. Needless to say, the marshmallows burned black as tar, but then I like burned mashmallows. That's it. Easy breezy for sure. If you would rather have brown marshmallows instead of black; don't let the sweet potatoes stay in the oven more than about five minutes; if that long. Don't go do another chore or anything and expect to come back in the kitchen without your smoke alarm going off. Good thing that cold front had not hit full force and all the windows and doors were still open.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Sounds great!

November 16, 2007 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

You should make this on Thursday

November 16, 2007 at 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home