My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hustle and Bustle Overload...

Christmas is a wonderful time of year; the most joyful of all I believe with sounds of the season, checking the mail to find beautiful Christmas cards and letters from family and old friends. I love to sit and enjoy every Christmas tree I can get my eyes on, with all the lights and sparkly ornaments. I love snow globes since that's about as close as I'll ever be to seeing the stuff fall. I LOVE Christmas! However, the holiday season can quickly turn into a ball of stress with all the hustle and bustle; sadness can creep in as we remember loved ones who are no longer with us. Time seems to pass us by and we long to reach back somehow; hanging onto sweet memories of Christmases gone by. The tinsel and sparkle can dim in the busyness of last minute shopping, financial stress, travel arrangements, emotional overload, overeating, and having to be so many places at once. Not to mention the regular daily going's on like laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, taking care of little ones; plus going to work every day or hauling kids to school, church activities and extra rehearsals. Then if a kink in things happen, like sickness or surprise household repairs, family squabbles, financial devastation, etc., we can very well see our joy go out the window in a flash; leaving broken and shattered dreams behind that we haven't the strength or energy to clean up. As for me personally, I can see that last minute shopping spree approaching. The madhouse I'm about to enter out among the shops and discount stores is not a pretty sight as it edges into my mind's eye. I sit here at work knowing quite well that if I could only leave this computer and hit the streets, I could avoid all or most of the upcoming turmoil. On the positive side... most of our shopping is done and I only need to pick up a few more items; most of which I haven't the foggiest as to what to buy.... therein lies the stress. All this to say, I was reading "Fullness Online", a prophetic publication I receive daily through email on my trusty computer, and this word; straight from the Father I believe, seemed to leap off the page and into my heart. An encouragement for all of us perhaps. Sweet words from heaven.... so, Merry Christmas!

December 19, 2007 Last night late I became overwhelmed with my "to do" list and this was the list I had to do before I went to bed. I stole away from the hustle and bustle and got on my knees before the Lord. I told him, "I don't think I can do all that I have to do." I felt like quitting but got up and started on the list. The rest of the evening my work became a breeze. He says today, " Unload your mind on Me. I know how to make your time double time without the stress you have before coming to Me. You are doing well my precious one." Psalms 18:19-20 'He brought me forth also into a broad place; He rescued me, because He delighted in me. The LORD has rewarded me according to my righteousness."
- Bev Robinson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home