My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Merry Christmas God...

Dear God,
I want to tell You that I love You today. You have loved me with an everlasting love and I am so grateful that I am learning to love You back in that way as well. I know I don’t always do what You have for me to do. I fail so many times; yet here You are; loving and caring for me in extravagant and perfect ways. That’s just how You are, isn’t it? Your love covers a multitude of sin and causes fear to flee. Thank You for that Lord. Thank You so much that I have nothing to fear when I am walking with You; running with You wherever it is that You are going. Thank You for leading me, for making a way for me when things seem… even impossible. I am continually in awe of You. How a Holy God can take care of the whole universe; keeping the stars, sun, moon, and the earth in place and moving is beyond my thinking, but even more, I am amazed at how you can be so big and yet see the details of each person You’ve ever created, take time to count the hairs on our heads, and put up with all our childish and foolish ways. Thank You for Your mercy; for loving me in spite of myself; for growing me up by your Spirit and teaching me Your ways and purposes through Your precious Word. Thank you for loving me so much that You would come to earth as a tiny newborn baby, grow up with the same temptations that are common to man and yet not sin. Thank You for taking my sin upon your perfect and blameless self; for suffering and dying for me so that I could be forgiven and forever live with You. If you had stopped right there it would have been enough, yet You lavish Your blessings on Your people in so many ways. Thank You for this Christmas season when sharing Your love with a hurting world is made a bit easier because it’s all about You anyway. Thank You for teaching us to give, expecting nothing in return. Thank You for Your provision, Your peace, hope for the future, and the excitement and expectancy of knowing we can be a part of whatever You might do next. I love this adventure with You Jesus. You are my friend that sticks closer than a brother and I am safe with You. I love You.

Merry Christmas
Love, Jeannie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home