My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tiny Fingerprints on Window Panes...


Sitting here, I look across the empty room;
So close behind the clamor
Tiny faces; fingers pressed upon the window panes are etched within my mind.
Lots of laughter mingled with predictable crying
As little ones yawn and rub their tired young eyes;

Zerberts and tickles usher the return of giggles and smiles
New words spoken as babies learn and grow
Amazed adults who used to be babies themselves not so long ago

Family... with a love so deep there is no end
Hugs so warm; how can I let go?
Toys, sippy cups and miniature spoons are left behind
Crumbs and spills; but still... I treasure them every time

As things are put back into place;
With a tear and a smile I reminisce;
I think to myself these encouraging words...
"They'll come again" I say
And gently wipe those tiny fingerprints away
With happy faces etched inside my mind


2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Oh! I love that!!!

November 27, 2007 at 3:58 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

This is a good one

November 29, 2007 at 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home