My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Christmas Ramblings 2007…


I was sitting here at my computer listening to the first Christmas music of the season. I decided to work on my annual Christmas letter and thought I'd share the rough draft with my fellow bloggers. :0) This is definitely off the top of my head, but what wonderful thoughts sometime come off the top. ...
Sparkly soft snowflakes falling like cold little kisses… if only. Not in Central Texas, but we can dream, can’t we? Christmas brings up inside me a thankful heart. I always have a thankful heart, but at Christmas time it somehow becomes more magnified.

Thoughts of the Christ Child coming to earth as a tiny newborn baby; God incarnate; Savior for all mankind… if only we believe. His star in the East leading wise men from afar. Shepherds trembling at the sight and sound of a heavenly choir…. I mean, what would you do if you were outside in the middle of the night; looked up and saw a choir of angels for Pete’s sake? I’d tremble too I imagine.

Christmas is magical; supernatural as we come to grips with the God of the universe making a way for us to spend eternity with Him. What’s so bad about that? His plans and ways are perfect whether we understand them, wrestle with them, debate or argue with them… because, well… He is God and… we are not.

His love is amazing! In fact, isn’t it a wonder He didn’t just give up and start over? I thought about that with my own kids around the time they hit puberty, but loved them too much to really “pinch their heads off”. (who ever thought of a saying like that? Yuk!) Boy, am I glad we persevered; glad some of that Jesus-love filtered through to give us all grace to go on. OK, I’m about to say something that anyone who reads my Christmas letters is most likely used to by now. My kids are great!! Awesome grownups despite their sassy teenage years and our parental blunders. I have incredible grandchildren; six and one on the way. Allie, Jack, Cooper, Skyler, Claire, Asher, and “Popcorn”. I am moved to tears at the sight of them. Tears of love and tears of exhaustion. Ha-ha

Here’s what I think… I think God sees clearly and speaks His words of faith over us until we are transformed into the dream of His heart; that’s what I think. Some of us just take longer than others. That’s why He came to earth on that first Christmas Day, isn’t it? To make a way for us when there was no other way. He had a dream and though the world says there is no God; won’t they be surprised when one day they too will bow their knee and confess that Jesus is Lord? No one will get out of that one. Nobody! Whether we’re heaven bound or have made the choice to go elsewhere; every single knee will bow and every tongue will confess that He is Lord. If this Christmas message bugs you; let’s just say… God loves you too much to leave you alone. We love you too. Just think of it this way… what if those of us who believe are right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home