My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Weirdness...

OK, I'm really going to try to enter into this insanity of figuring out what is weird about me so I can share it with you. True confessions... why am I doing this?!! Now, that's weird enough in and of itself, isn't it? Hmmmm... seven things weird about me.... no, now there's only six I believe or eight if I go ahead and do seven 'numbered' weird things. :0)
7. I cannot stand clipped nails off fingers or toes except for my own. Just gives me chills to think about it.
6. Some people say I'm 'too nice'... whatever that means... and it irks them when I refuse to say mean things about my husband or children in public. My family is not perfect, but I wouldn't want them to sit around with folks and tell all of my faults and weaknesses. Why would I do that to them?
5. I can't stand to rub anyone's feet except my own children's or grandchildren and even as old as they are, their feet still don't gross me out. However, I LOVE for my husband to rub my feet.
4. I tend to sometimes be self-centered wanting my own way even when it's not important.
3. When I overeat or snack 'til I can snack no more, I will clean up the kitchen and somehow rationalize that in hiding the evidence it's not quite as fattening. Good grief!
2. I hate to shop! I will shop in an emergency or to hang out with my girls who love it, but I am not a woman who enjoys shopping.
1. I would love to hang-glide, but fear still grips me so much about the possibility of falling that at this point I'd never really try it.
How's that for starters? I'm sure there are many other quirks about myself I just don't see or refuse to face, but I'm working on it. Somehow confessing the eating/cleaning the kitchen thing has lifted a burden and I'm hopeful deliverance is close at hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home