My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

A Quote Tweaked a Bit...

I just read a quote by Thomas Jefferson and it warmed my heart. He said, "I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage, with my books, my family and a few old friends, dining on simple bacon, and letting the world roll on as it liked, than to occupy the most splendid post which any human power can give." At first glance his thought seemed like a bit of heaven, yet when I pondered the words for a moment, I decided with resolve, that I want more when it's all said and done. Though ideally I would hang onto a life lived in such simplicity, I would have to say that family comes before books and that the bacon would need a few vegetables to go along with it. My own never-to-be-famous quote would read something like this.... "I had rather be free dancing in a field of flowers, filled with wonder and praise to my God underneath a blue sky, with my family and a few precious friends, dining on simple crescent rolls and little smokies (I just had to throw that in... I mean what's funnier; that Thomas Jefferson said 'bacon' or that I said 'little smokies'?), and letting the world around us see the Light of God's love in ours, than to occupy the most splendid mansion which any human power can give." That's my personal quote for today and I think I like it. I will have to add that a few books would be nice as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Well said.

March 30, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home