My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Running With Him...

I wrote this as an email and sent it to many of my dear friends and family. Then I thought... since blogging is an outlet, of sorts, to pour out one's heart, I should make my letter an entry into the world of blog. I have said before that you can read me like an open book; nothing hidden even if I tried, so here's another chapter...
My heart is so full because of the goodness of the Lord. Weeping with tears of love for Him and what He has done is a distinct possibility at this moment in time; however, I will write instead. Writing is similar to the release valve on a tea kettle I think. Without thoughts penned on paper I might burst with the love of Jesus that is bubbling up out of me.
Even though heartache and trouble continues all around us in this world... at times to the point of being overwhelmed; still, God is good. If I know nothing else in this world, I can truly and honestly say that I know our God is good. He is moving and changing lives one at a time all over the earth, isn't He? He is doing miracles, holding the hurting and healing the sick; providing for those who are in need and bringing to fruition the dreams of His heart in and through His people. I am in awe at the honor of getting to see a tiny glimpse of His spectacular power and majesty. I am covered and overwhelmed by His love today; not because everything is necessarily going smoothly or that I have suddenly become younger with a flat stomach once more... what if? Life goes on with its inevitable bumps and bruises, mistakes and distractions, but as of late, I have seen answered prayer in my own life as well as in some of the people dearest to my heart and answers for others who I have only heard about. A man who has been coming to our Bible study broke his ankle while hunting one weekend and was in such pain. We prayed on a Wed. evening and he told us that the next day he got a breakthrough and is completely pain free. We prayed for a community in another city where a sister-in-law of a young woman who also comes to our Bible study lives. There had been multiple robberies and a little girl abducted there in that affluent neighborhood. Long story short, the robber was caught and much of his loot was returned to its rightful owners. The little girl was found alive and we are praying for her trauma and memories to be healed. Another young man in our neighborhood fell several stories from a ladder and was in a lengthy coma. We heard about him and began to pray. I got an update from our neighbor, his mother-in-law, yesterday and he is doing well. He'll be in rehab for awhile longer, but his broken inner-ears were surgically repaired along with the nerves in his face. His hearing is being restored and he's able to walk as his broken back is mending. God gave him a miracle and he will be changed forever by all the love poured out into his life. A dear friend's daughter is to be married soon and we have prayed for this precious young woman for several years. God knew what He was doing all along... of course. He always does. Two different people we've prayed over recently have received healing in their eyes and are continuing to grow stronger with clearer vision. We joined with friends who are laying their lives down overseas and almost daily it seems, I get updates about people coming into the Kingdom; others who are searching and telling about dreams and visions drawing them to Jesus. We have prayed for our son and sons-in-law, that God would raise them up, give them favor in their businesses, and bring them into the fullness of His character as they lead their families in righteousness; teaching their children Godliness by living out their lives in truth and love. We are seeing these things come to pass and I am humbled and so grateful at the goodness of God. I am excited for the future and continue to pray for God's Kingdom to come on earth as it is in heaven. All this good news is like trying to drink straight-on from a fire hose. I might just drown in the joy of it all. Sure, there are breakthroughs that are yet to come, hurdles to jump, and wounds to bandage and heal, but seeing the answers to some of the prayers we've prayed strengthens and builds our faith for more. It doesn't matter how old or how young we are. God is not limited by time or what we may determine as less than or not enough. Thank God He loves to show Himself strong through our weakness! I believe He is blessed when we simply say "Yes" , letting go of our own plans and agendas, and surrendering our lives to run with Him. He's the One who does it all anyway and He enjoys having us trust Him enough to follow and rest in His love. God bless you all as you run the race set before you for His glory.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Well I had not seen this as an email, but that is pretty cool.

April 27, 2008 at 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home