My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Friday, October 24, 2008

A Good and Heart Jumping Quote.... I Thought

I heard a quote today; one of those that makes your heart jump, gives you goosebumps, and makes you know it is worth sharing with the people you love. You know, that kind. This is something I definitely want my granddaughters to nail down at an early age so they won't settle for anything less. So beautiful... "A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her." Of course, for my grandsons they will need to know that "A man should look for a woman who's heart is so hidden in Christ that he has to seek Him first to find her." As some of my grandchildren are getting older and looking outside their little worlds beyond immediate family, I am seeing even more the importance of teaching them God's ways and principles so that they might avoid the many pitfalls that are out there in the world around them ready to lure them in and away from what is good and True. This Gibbie's heart so much wants to see the children in her life run after Him with all that is in them. Afterall, the love of Jesus is what holds everything else together, isn't it?
Psalm 127:1,3-5
"Except the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain. ... Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. As arrows are in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. Happy, blessed, and fortunate is the man whose quiver is filled with them!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I like that!!!

October 24, 2008 at 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home