My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Isn't It Ironic?... :O)



Even though I was not "picked", I thought I'd play along anyway with the "Sixth Picture" game thing. I find it ironic that this is what I found... Allan and Emily on the bridge in Corey and Amy's old neighborhood! Well, don't that just beat cha? :0) Just kidding Em. It's really OK that I wasn't on your list since you said anyone can play regardless. This picture is one of my favorites of you and Allan. I loved that day and I love you and Allan in it. For any of my readers who might not know; this was taken when we all knew things were getting serious between these two lovebirds, but there had not yet been talk of an engagement or marriage. What a beautiful fall day to celebrate their young love and the fun we all had on our walk through Highland Village a few years ago. To think, Claire was only a twinkle in God's eye. A wedding, living in California in their very first home, moving to Austin to work for JetBlue, and now in Flower Mound with a house, yard, a mini-van of all things, working for SW Airlines, play groups, MOPS, church league softball, a playroom jam-packed with toys and more than we can know to come. Life races on and changes come, but like I said once before... "If nothing ever changes, there wouldn't be butterflies."

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

I love this picture too. Those were some fun times in mine and Allan's relationship. We have been busy and blessed over the last few years. Glad you played!

October 16, 2008 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

That was a good day! Almost 6 years ago exactly.

I just posted my picture and story too...

October 16, 2008 at 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home