My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Look At Them Now!

*** I have worked so hard at trying to creatively place these pics with the correct names, but it's still not right. Help!

I remember being in the sixth grade and thinking, "WOW! Only six more years and I'll graduate from high school!" Six years sounded like so far away then. I thought being 16 was amazing and then leaving home, finding the love of my life, a wedding, and that first moment when we found out I was going to have a baby! It was official and I was so excited; my precious husband was in shock. With two more years to go at Texas Tech, living in a tiny apartment, working two extra jobs while taking a full load academically... well, I imagine he was in shock! We survived, had three more babies and watched them grow up so quickly right before our eyes. Birthday parties, baptisms, one-act plays, ballgames, first loves and broken hearts. Night-time prayers, dandelion boquets, first jobs, rebellion, open arms of love when they came back. College years, four weddings and then grandbabies. We had two of them for so long it seemed at the time, and all of a sudden here we are with EIGHT! Each one has captured my heart. Our youngest is two weeks old today; our oldest is 11 and in the proverbial sixth grade. Amazing! And here they all are.... beautiful, funny, challenging, delightful, and much too far away for this Gibbie of theirs.



Allie Jill P.

Jackson Selke P.













Cooper Aubrey P.
Skyler LeeAnne S.


Claire Alyse K.
















Asher Case W.

Chloe Grace S.

Ainsley GraceW.

2 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

You have such a beautiful family! I love seeing all your grandkids in one post. Thanks for sharing.

October 2, 2008 at 8:59 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I love this post. Thanks for loving our babies! I can't believe that you have wight grandkids, that seems like so many. Hopefully you will get a few more one day.

October 3, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home