My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

One Step Forward... Sometimes

August, hot and humid August! I figure since it's been about four months since I so courageously wrote of my dreams and goals for the future, I should shoot out an update. Journaling every few months is good, right? Especially since there is only me and maybe a couple others who might read my ramblings. Anyway, it does me good to lay my thoughts out on the table... so to speak. Back in January I began this purposeful journey toward 60 and that particular birthday is coming up in two days. I had high hopes of sitting with Jesus daily, devoting more time to him than sitting in front of a TV, paying off more debt, and losing more pounds before Friday, August 6, 2010. Well, the truth is, I have succeeded at a certain level and I have a long way to go as well. By June I was down to 134 lbs. from my heaviest weight EVER at 153. So VICTORY. YEA!!! I still do not consistently capture my thoughts; stay still in God's presence for extended periods of time each day, but I know He loves me and I just can't get over that. I am in awe sometimes that He even likes me. Truly, His love is all about what He has done and not His expectations for me to somehow qualify. Thank GOD! I am desperate for Him to deliver me from my own distractions.
We sent off our last truck payment and will now apply that amount to our next debt, so the snowball is snowballing and we can honestly see our way out of this self-made mess. So, though I've gained a few pounds over the summer, still have unmet goals, and so many dreams for the future, I am encouraged. It is one step forward and two back more than I'd like to admit, but some of our steps in the right direction are big ones and our hope is high. I resolve to follow Jesus with a passion regardless of whether or not I keep my focus. My scattered thoughts may pull me in fifty different directions, but I will ALWAYS run to Him with all my heart. I'm sure I'll write more later and may figure out how to post a picture of my gray hair and slimmer body, but for now and because it's 5:00, I must go.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I haven't read blogs in forever, but I'm attempting to get caught up. Good update. You're doing great!!!

August 20, 2010 at 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home