My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Friday, October 31, 2008

TWELVE YEARS OLD!!!



This time thing... oh my gosh!! Our sweet Princess Allie Jill turns twelve today and I found myself praying for her as I drove from here to there; found myself loving her even more today than yesterday. When you were born Allie, we were all in awe of you; our first grandchild, first child, first niece. A new beginning for all of us as we stepped into this season of life... children again... and it proved to be more than wonderful having you around.... twelve years ago and every day up until now. As I prayed for you today, God gave a tiny glimpse into His heart for you, I believe. So many changes during pre-teen and upcoming teenage years and Allie, God wants you to know that He sees you and when He sees you He knows how special you are. He made you and there is no one like you. You are one of a kind and the plans God has for you are good and full of blessing and unique to fit the gifts and personality He has given to you. He is calling you to be fully His; walking and running the race set before you with Him! Imagine!! This is too wonderful, isn't it, but oh so true. You are His workmanship; a beautiful princess in His Kingdom and through the gifts He placed inside you since before you were born, He has plans for you that will bring such joy for both of you; and that will bring Him glory. Others will come to know Jesus because of His love in you Allie; they will better see the beauty of His holiness and the beauty of His creation. Allie, you have so much love in your heart to share with those around you and those who God will surely bring into your young life. You don't have to worry or be anxious about anything. God is working and takes pleasure in the thing He has begun in you. He is calling you and loving you right now my sweet granddaughter. I encourage you to look for Him as you go, while you sit, and even as you sleep. He's there with you all the time in the little things and in the things that seem so huge. Jesus loves you and I love you too.... so much. Happy Birthday!! Love, Gibbie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home