My Photo
Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

My life is blessed with a wonderful husband of 47 years, Darrell Lee Selke. Together we have had quite an adventure. A wedding in 1970, four kids; turning into a Gibbie and a Poppie with 13 grankids ...and staying joyful as we truly give God glory for such abundant blessings all along the way. We've had our challenges as all families do, but life is good because God is good. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. We're excited about the future and looking forward to the next adventure God has for us,just around the corner I'm sure.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Another New Year ~ 2011


How'd that happen?! Here we are in January of 2011 and 2010 blew by almost without my knowing most of the time. One day fades into another and before you can say "poop-poop-dee-doop" there is more gray hair, laugh lines, and it's a bit harder to get up off the floor than usual. I've been reading over some of my old posts about new beginnings, goals, and commitments. I could just kick a rock because of some of my failures and am actually somewhat pleased that I didn't completely fall out of the boat in other areas of this little life God has given on the timeline of history.


We're about to have kids in their forties come summer; have added another gran-girl, Miss Lexi Reese Waters, and have two more in preK and Kindergarten. Our oldest granddaughter, Allie Jill, is turning into a beautiful young woman at the age of 14 and I find it amazing to watch this pretty princess and all those coming along behind her grow, mature, and give so much joy to our family. We have budding artists, singers, song writers (Cooper), adventurers, seamstresses, jewelry crafters, athletes, chefs and probably doctors, lawyers, and merchant chiefs. Not to mention the butcher, the baker, and the candlestick maker... well, and the uh... barn-girl (Claire). God has blessed each one of our children and grandchildren with amazing gifts and talents and I pray that all will be developed and perfected for His glory as time continues to jet by at accelerated speed.


We praise God for good health, jobs, and opportunities to share our love for Him with others. Christmas came and went and was glorious chaotic fun, but Christmas cards and/or a New Year letter did not make it to the post office, so this will have to do and will hopefully be a blessing for the few who stumble across this scanty blog of mine. I rarely write, but had the urge today, so here it is, filled with news of unmet goals... again, hope for the future, and brimming with possibilities. I am in awe of being so loved and cared for by a Savior who gave everything to make a way for me ; the way for all who will embrace this Jesus I call Lord. I am also speechless at the blessing of family; every single person set into my life by God's design. We're perfect for one another within our imperfections, don't you think? My husband and children are some of my dearest friends and I can always count on them as points of accountability to help keep me from hypocrisy. My heart is to walk well through this life; loving Jesus, those who love Him and those who have yet to know Him. I still take a terrible tumble every now and then, but God heals, restores, and refreshes me by His Spirit and through His Word. Truly we are all a work in progress as we keep our eyes on the prize of His high calling and I find grace in Him and mercy that is new every morning. My confidence is in the God of the universe who stepped out in faith Himself to make man in His own image and I count it an honor and privilege to be called a child of the King of Kings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home